VP, Business Development – Commercial Banking
New Resource Bank
Job Description: Summary: The Vice President, Commercial Banker - Business Development is responsible for soliciting and developing new client relationships, thereby bringing deposits and loans to the bank. New Resource Bank specializes in providing working capital for growing businesses. This individual is responsible for discussing, evaluating and negotiating a variety of simple and complex business credit applications including commercial and industrial loans and lines, ABL facilities, and commercial real estate loans. The position requires a banker with sales and credit experience and exceptional verbal communication skills. An existing network of business owners and community leaders is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Solicit new loan and deposit clients through calling efforts, generating referrals through existing clients, industry events/functions and key constituencies (i.e. accountants, attorneys, and vendors).
• Pre-screen credit applications including preliminary negotiation of rates, fees, and terms that meet Bank’s Loan Policy and ROE guidelines.
• Actively participate in mission oriented seminars, community activities, bank sponsored marketing events, and other industry events to access new client opportunities and increase bank visibility.
• Meet business development goals by generating requisite new loans and deposits as assigned by supervisor.
• Geographic (East Bay or North Bay) and sector expertise (clean energy, nonprofits, organic food and products, or green building) strongly encouraged but not required.
• Manage and track prospect and pipeline candidates utilizing Bank’s contact management software.
• Provide semi-monthly sales reports as directed by Senior Loan Officer
• Support efforts of other loan team members and other Bank staff.
• Provide input to supervisor on sales and marketing initiatives.
• Recommend ways to improve the organization.
Other duties may be assigned.
Skills Required: Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Communication: speaks clearly and effectively, is thoughtful, persuasive; writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet client needs.
• Business acumen: understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals and performance objectives.
• Negotiation skills: must be a superior and personable negotiator.
• Judgment: exhibits sound and accurate judgment; can clearly explain reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; takes calculated risks within bank tolerance to accomplish goals.
• Professionalism: reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments, able to present concise arguments, can disagree and accept disagreement without undue emotion or resorting to personal attacks.
• Problem solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works with others to solve complex issues.
• Customer service: responds efficiently and cordially to requests for service and assistance within bank customer service standards; meets commitments.
• Dependability: completes tasks on time; takes responsibility for own actions; can be relied upon.
• Teamwork: promotes team goals over individual accomplishment; provides assistance and guidance to other team members; participates in team activities.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from a four-year college or university in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting. Minimum of five years relevant experience in commercial banking.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Other Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated knowledge of loan structures and treasury products; ability to analyze financial statements and understand critical lending/financial ratios; excellent negotiation skills. Sufficient knowledge of Federal and State banking regulations (including but not limited to BSA, OFAC, Reg B, Reg O, Reg Z, and Reg BB) and Bank Policies pertinent to performance of duties to avoid regulatory violations.
Transportation: This job will require the individual to call upon clients and prospects. The individual must be able to drive his/her own vehicle to and from customer locations in the greater Bay Area.
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
Company Website/Where to Apply: https://www.newresourcebank.com/careers/