Product Development / Product Manager - Quick Mount PV
Job Description: Drive the development of products for Quick Mount PV, working across multiple departments including Engineering, Sales and Marketing. Build products from existing ideas, as well as help to develop new ideas based on industry experience, market research and competitive landscape. Understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
Product development extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. Represent the needs of end-users, evaluate market trends and competition; identify potential products; generate product requirements; determine specifications with Engineering, production timetables with Operations, pricing with Finance, and time-integrated plans for product introduction. Develop marketing strategies for existing products’ value proposition and go to market strategy for new products.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research.
- Evaluate and analyze competitive landscape.
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Engineering, and Marketing) through market requirements, VOC, and competitive positioning.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for products.
- Work with company leadership to develop and manage product roadmap.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with company leadership to develop and manage product roadmap for company
- Lead product team meetings.
- Research new market and product opportunities as directed by senior management and proactively uncover, define, and validate new markets and communicate that to senior management.
- Develop business cases for potential new products.
- Bring new products to market by working with Engineering to analyze proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing launch schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Launch and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing and production.
- Work with marketing team to develop product value propositions and necessary sales tools to sell that value.
- Determine suggested product price by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders. Final product prices are approved by Finance.
- Research and communicate voice of the customer to Product Committee and more tactically to Sales and Engineering.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining racking and module manufacturer relationships to include any OEM product development efforts.
- Manage product development efforts by coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel. This is a coordinated effort with Engineering.
- Employ industry expertise to summarize and report on market trends.
- Continually review market for trends affecting current and future product life cycles.
Skills Required: Competencies
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to build strong productive relationships at many organizational levels within QMPV and in the market place.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Understands financial drivers of QMPV and product contribution margin.
- Project Management - Demonstrates ability to manage a project from inception to completion on time and budget. PMP preferred.
- Knowledge of solar market, products and competitive landscape.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens well and responds appropriately.
- Data analytics – Ability to gather, analyze and present data.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Self-starter with ability to perform to goals without significant day to day management.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required
- Minimum 5-7 years product management or product marketing experience.
- This position requires 30% travel
Position Location: Walnut Creek California
Salary: Salary plus Medical/Dental/Vision Plan
Company Website/Where to Apply: www.quickmountpv.com/company/careers.html