DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR, CALSEIA
The primary role of the Development Director is to strengthen CALSEIA's efforts to put solar energy in the hands of all Californians through successful fundraising, event management, and effective communications.
The Development Director will spearhead CALSEIA's development efforts and coordinate all aspects of CALSEIA's varied events throughout the year, as well as manage the association's communications including social media, weekly newsletters, general emails, and its website.
The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director, and works closely with the Board of Directors, events committee, event coordinators (under contract), as well as other CALSEIA staff.
- Develop and execute CALSEIA's development strategy.
- Work with ED on special fundraising efforts and campaigns.
- Manage all of CALSEIA's events
- Work with staff and events committee on overall design/goals
- Meet sponsorship sales goals
- Promotions & Recruitment/Ticket Sales
- Design Materials/Visuals/Etc.
- Bottom-line run-of-show management
- In conjunction with administrative staff, ensure administrative tasks related to events are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Update event details on website and in other functional systems and prepare accurate and insightful analytical reports for the ED and Board of Directors to assess and evaluate event oriented activities.
- Produce and designs promotional materials, including CALSEIA's Weekly Newsletter, the Annual Report, and events invitations.
- Along with Membership Coordinator, represent CALSEIA and conduct in-person outreach at events, one-on-one meetings and other opportunities including conferences, meetings and seminars.
- Manage website, ensuring all information displayed online is up-to-date.
- Stay current with CALSEIA program offerings. Participate in weekly staff calls.
- Attend all board and staff meetings
- Other misc. office duties as appropriate for a team-oriented organization
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- 4-5 years of fundraising and event management experience.
- Strong planning and detail management skills.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to motivate others into action.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong writing skills, as well as web and materials design skills.
- Knowledge of Squarespace, Mailchimp, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Excel.
- Proven comittment to the goals of CALSEIA.
4-year Degree required.
Base salary to be determined upon experience plus quarterly bonus based on key performance indicators.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.